Nobody likes wasted bananas, so do this instead of throwing away your spoiled bananas. This is a basic banana bread recipe with a couple of my personal tweaks that really take it over the top. If you have bananas going bad, freeze them until you save four of them to make this.
Time: 1 hr
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 stick butter (softened if possible)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 old or VERY ripe bananas (You can get away with 3, but trust me you want 4.)
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder or soda
- Dash of salt
- Dash of vanilla (Optional, but recommended)
- Dash of cinnamon (Optional, but recommended)
Continue reading Banana Bread
One of the easier classic potato dishes. Perfect as a side or incorporated into another dish.
Time: 30 – 50 minutes depending on potato size
4 Large Potatoes (Russets work best, but Yukon gold or any other large potato will work)
1/4 cup Milk
2 tbsp. Butter
Salt to taste
Continue reading Mashed Potatoes
Here’s a checklist of some items I think every kitchen should have if possible. These are all basic kitchen tools and have multiple applications because fuck unitools (I’m looking at you strawberry slicer).
- A Knife Set: You should really invest in good knives. They make cooking much easier. Get a few good knives (a chef’s knife, a paring knife, and a serrated blade) if you can’t get a whole block. If you can only get one, get a good chef’s knife.
Continue reading Kitchen Essentials